Monday, December 17, 2012

Feed Your Head again at Lot 1


I'm looking forward to my second December installment of Feed Your Head night at Lot 1 on Tuesday the 18th. I was asked by Azalia Snail and Dan West to host this event starring their new collaboration, LoveyDove (above). Even though I only knew their work as separate artists, I have such high regard for their work as individuals, that I knew this would be something special. And it is. Already garnering positive press, Lovey Dove make music that reminds me of late sixties New York Folk/Art rock with a healthy dose of psychedelic electronica. The demo songs they gave me present melodies with a delightfully unpredictable angularity, highlighted by strong voices and intriguing harmonies. I can't wait to hear them.

One of my favorite discoveries of late is The Sixth Son and they open the show with a set at 9. They were featured at my November show and helped to make that a memorable night. I would describe the music as original and unique. Troubadour, Runson Willis will entertain with his guitar after LoveyDove and poet Brendan Constantine will perform his action poetry between sets. This could prove to be a most interesting show.

whrabbit

No comments: