1. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs (Merge Records)
2. Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me (Drag City)
3. Everest - On Approach (Vapor Records)
4. Lost In The Trees - All Alone In an Empty House (Anti)
5. Blitzen Trapper - Destroyer of the Void (Sub Pop)
6. Everest - Ghost Notes (Vapor Records)
7. Menomena - Mines (Barsuk)
8. The Prids - Chronosynclastic (Velvet Blue Music)
9. The New Pornographers - Together (Matador)
10. Broken Bells - Broken Bells (Columbia Records)
I reviewed this album at Radio Free Silver Lake, and I stand by that review. I keep finding new songs to love and I'm not going to get tired of Arcade Fire 's The Suburbs for a while. This was my first full week with the album and I sometimes listened to it twice a day. Still reeling from the Newsom show.
Saw Lost In The Trees at Amoeba and really dug their symphonic chamber rock, so I picked up the album which has some beautiful chamber pieces on it, scattered between more traditional folk rock. Both Everest albums made the list this week as I keep seeing them... four times over the past few months. And The Prids album is really good.
I'm going to keep this short so I can get it posted.