Monday, April 5, 2010

What I'm Listening To March 26 - April 1, 2010


1. Dead Meadow - Three Kings (Xemu Records)

2. Field Music - Field Music (Measure) (Memphis Industries)

3. The Besnard Lakes - The Besnard Lakes Are The Roaring Night (Jagjaguar)

4. The Week That Was - The Week That Was (Memphis Industries)

5. School of Language - Sea From Shore (Thrill Jockey Records)

6. Choir of Young Believers - This Is For The White In Your Eyes (Ghostly International)

7. Field Music - Tones of Town (Midheaven)

8. Learning Music - It May Also Be This (Vosotros)

9. Learning Music - Biologic Imperative (Vosotros)

10. Dustin O' Halloran - Piano Solos (Splinter Records)

I know...I know...Field Music all over the place. But this was the week I saw them twice and I couldn't get enough. Still, Dead Meadow hit the top of the pack due to the spectacular album launch they had over at Hollywood Forever and the Three Kings CD is damned good. But, The Besnard Lakes album ...Are The Roaring Night is so spectacularly good, it will be a formidable challenger for a spot on any 10 Best List this year. It should be the break out album for this band, but, we'll see. Choir of Young Believers seem to be holding onto my attention easily, but it was Learning Music who blazed onto my radar this week with their fabulous opening set at the Field Music Bootleg show. As much a musical project as a band, Learning Music has startling amounts of creativity and imagination at their disposal and I look forward to knowing then better.

whrabbit

No comments: