Friday, December 5, 2008

Coming Soon

It's been a light week for shows for me (although there were good show to see) so I could put together some columns for the end of the year. Ten best lists, and all.

Actually, it's been a lot of fun reviewing all the incredible shows and CD's I've seen and listened to. I hope to put them up during the next week or two.

Tonight (Friday, December 5, 2008) I return to the circuit with a show at Mr. T's Bowl with Seasons and Thailand among others. Also tonight are The Spires, Franklin for Short and Frankel at Pehrspace and The Submarines at The Echoplex. Again, too many choices.

Saturday, December 6, 2008 has The Zero Film Festival downtown (address in concert listings) with gigs by Death To Anders, Voxhaul Broadcast, Local Natives, We Are The World and Love Grenades.
or The Monolators show at Pehrspace with Karabel Nightlife, Ema and The Ghosts and Sweet Hurt.

Sunday I'll go to El Cid to see a new band I hadn't heard of, Oliwa and the Pleasure Circus Band, who sound like a carnivalesque, freak show in the style of Gogol Bordello or a mad Beirut. They sound like a lot of fun. They're appearing after Henry Wolf at 10.

More to come.

whrabbit

No comments: