Thursday, May 20, 2010

What I'm Listening To May 7 - 13, 2010



1. Avi Buffalo - Avi Buffalo (Sub Pop)

2. The Besnard Lakes - The Besnard Lakes Are The Roaring Night (Jagjaguar)

3. Broken Bells - Broken Bells (Columbia Records)

4. The Besnard Lakes - The Besnard Lakes Are The Dark Horse (Jagjaguar)

5. Red Cortez - Hands To The Wall (EP) (self release)

6. Helen Stellar - If The Stars Could Speak, They Would Have Your Voice... (self release)

7. Rogue Wave - Permalight (Brush Fire Records)

8. Dead Meadow - Three Kings (Xemu Records)

9. The Happy Hollows - Spells (Autumn Tone)

10. Evan apRoberts - Under the Ghost (self release)


Another week for Avi Buffalo' s great album as the band continues their European tour. The Besnard Lakes are my current obsession as their recent Troubadour show was more than memorable, and forced openers The Happy Hollows CD back onto the list. Still playing Broken Bells a lot in anticipation of last night's show at The Fonda, and Red Cortez' five song EP, Hands To The Wall, found it's way onto my player repeatedly, owing to their great performance at my anniversary show.

My friend Evan of Cave Country sent me his solo album, Under the Ghost, and it's a solid collection of very authentic sounding country tunes, performed with a lean toward the indie.
Good job.

My computer is sick, so my blogging is a little intermittent, but only temporarily, until it's fixed.

whrabbit

No comments: