Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hollywood Forever Welcomes The Swell Season

WOW! Suddenly a friend alerts me this morning that a secret show by The Swell Season has been announced at the Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever Cemetery this Sunday, September 20, 2009 and tickets are on sale NOW.

I sped over to Ticketweb and secured a ticket. What luck, 'cause I'm sure this will sell out as soon as word spreads.

This is the couple from the movie Once, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, and their band, who have so charmed audiences both on film and in concert appearances. Personally I've seen them three times previously and each show has been a very special event. They appear at The Wiltern on November 18, but this is a chance to see then in a more intimate setting.

And on a sad note, Mary Travers of Peter Paul and Mary has died and an era comes to an end. They were the first folk music I ever got to know and their mixing of political messages and beautiful music was an inspiration to me.


whrabbit

No comments: